[llvm-dev] I am leaving llvm

Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 8 17:15:20 PDT 2018

> On May 8, 2018, at 9:00 AM, Renato Golin via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> On 8 May 2018 at 16:34, James Courtier-Dutton via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> Has something changed?
>> So, it seams that LLVM do not participate in Outreachy.
>
> Last email from Tanya was looking for folks to participate, there was
> no update that it wouldn't happen. Maybe this is a new development?

The way it works is, someone sponsors the money and then you still need to have mentors and projects available. Given the timing it conflicted with Google Summer of Code and we did not get any mentors volunteering. The next round will happen this fall.

> Anyway, I think if the foundation considers this again, there should
> be a public consultation on the dev list.

If you want to have a discussion about my decision to pursue working with Outreachy, I am happy to discuss this on the llvm-foundation mailing list.

-Tanya