[llvm-dev] Compiling CUDA with clang on Windows

Justin Lebar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 1 11:30:47 PDT 2018

Hi, Tsai.

I've gotten simple clang builds to work with cuda on Windows.  I didn't use
mingw, though.

Unfortunately your email does not have enough information to allow me to
assist you further than that.

-Justin
On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 7:06 AM Finite Tsai via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Dear all,

> In the official document, it is mentioned that  CUDA compilation is
supported on Windows as of 2017-01-05. I used msys2 to install clang 5.0.1.
Then I installed cuda 8.0. However, I basically could not compile any code
of cuda by the prescribed setting. I wounder if anyone can successfully
compile cuda code by the clang on Windows. Any of your information is
highly appreciated, and