[llvm-dev] [RFC] I'd like to move RecurrenceDescriptor and LoopDescriptor in LoopUitls.h/.cpp from Transform/Utils tree to Analysis/Utils tree

Saito, Hideki via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Mar 28 18:43:25 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm in the process of moving LoopVectorizationLegality out of LoopVectorize.cpp in order to make it reusable. For example, other transformations can change the behavior depending on whether the loop is vectorizable or not.
Ideally, such analysis type code belongs to Analysis tree. One of the blocking factor is its use of RecurrenceDescriptor/InductionDescriptor, defined in Transform/Utils/LoopUtils.h.

Anything I should know before attempting to move those Descriptors under Analysis/Utils? Like known dependencies making them very hard to move to Analysis tree?
Recurrence and Inductions are again analysis type stuff. They really belong to Analysis tree, in my opinion.

Thanks,
Hideki Saito