[llvm-dev] Comments in LLVM blog

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 26 11:23:05 PDT 2018

On 26 March 2018 at 18:27, mayuyu.io via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hi:
> Since you mentioned this, I was wondering if Chris or someone else could
> take over the existing /r/LLVM and make it an official forum or something.
> In that case we had Reddit’s anti-spam measures in place and probably a
> better forum-like experience. Mailing list could be really disturbing
> occasionally

It looks like I'm currently the only moderator on /r/llvm. When the
creator deleted the account, I believe reddit's algorithm decided to
ask me to become a moderator as I'd submitted there a number of times.
With plenty of options available: the llvm mailing lists, IRC, Stack
Overflow, and /r/cpp or other subreddits for more general discussion
I'm not really sure I see a strong future for something like /r/llvm.
But if anyone feels differently then let me know. If you do want that,
I'd suggest two things:

* Ensure there's some interest (and no major objections) from the LLVM
community on either IRC or the mailing list
* Run it in accordance with the LLVM code of conduct
<https://llvm.org/docs/CodeOfConduct.html>

Best,

Alex