[llvm-dev] Help regarding a project:

Vivek Datir via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 19 03:25:16 PDT 2018

Hello Everyone ,

Please guide me for the following tasks I wish to accomplish by extending C
language
1. Add a new keyword "Critical" for integer data type.
2. All the operands in the operations involving such integers will also be
marked critical
3. For such operations mainly addition and multiplication , divide the
integers into two halves based on their bits , carry out operations on
halves separately and combine the result to obtain the original result.
Eg,

critical int a=5;
int b=10;
int c=a+b;
int d=b*b;

c should be calculated as follows:
a' and a'' are 16 highest and lowest bits of a respectively. Similarly b'
and b'' and c' and c''.
so c''=a''+b'' , c'=a'+b'+carry , c=2^16*c'+c''.

and d should be calculated normally.

Please help me figure which files I need to change to accomplish each of
the tasks.
Apologies if the tasks are too trivial , I am new to LLVM.

Thanks,
Vivek