[llvm-dev] GSoC 2018

Praveen Velliengiri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Mar 18 09:12:26 PDT 2018

Hi Guys!
I have a suggestion about the projects in idea section.  Projects
<http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html#gsoc18> are listed as GSoC 2018 followed
by GSoC 2017, I hope that some projects in the GSoC 2017 section are
already taken by previous year gsoc students, could you please remove those
projects from the list and include the remaining projects in GSoC 2018.
Because one cannot make assumptions about their completion by seeing GSoC
2017 tag. And also there is a possibility that some projects in the GSoC
2017 list are completed by developers (not as a GSoC project) and it is
difficult for a new comer (student) to find out that. So I kindly request
you to remove those completed GSoC 2017 projects and add the remaining
projects to the GSoC 2018. By doing this some student can benefit from it.
Thanks
Pree