[llvm-dev] GSoC 2018 - "Command line replacements for GNU Binutils"

Eric Christopher via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 15 08:32:29 PDT 2018

Hi Ayoub,

It's currently still available. The basic idea is that we'd be working on
getting each of the llvm tools or libraries with a front end that is
command line compatible with the GNU binutils counterpart to serve as a
replacement. Whether or not we made them output compatible is something
else, but we'll probably want to have a couple different modes there from:

a) The compatible tool,
b) The tool we all want.

A and B could be the same, but then again, they might not. The low bar for
the SoC project is going to be A.

Thanks!

-eric