[llvm-dev] Call for Papers: ManLang 2018 (Sept. 10-14, Linz, Austria)

John Criswell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 12 12:35:19 PDT 2018

Dear Person That Posted This Email,

Please be aware that calls for papers are only on-topic for this email
list if they are specifically about LLVM.  For example, a call for a
workshop on LLVM in Scientific Computing would be on topic whereas a
general compiler call for papers (like the one below) is not.

That said, I hope you receive many strong submissions.  Your conference
looks interesting (it just isn't on-topic for this list).

Regards,

John Criswell

On 3/7/18 11:09 AM, ManLang Conference via llvm-dev wrote:

> CALL FOR PAPERS
>
> 15th International Conference on Managed Languages & Runtimes
> (ManLang'18)
>
> September 10-14, 2018, Linz, Austria
>
> http://ssw.jku.at/manlang18/

> ManLang (formerly PPPJ) is a premier forum for presenting and discussing
> novel results in all aspects of managed programming languages and
> runtime systems, which serve as building blocks for some of the most
> important computing systems, ranging from small-scale (embedded and
> real-time systems) to large-scale (cloud-computing and big-data
> platforms) and anything in between (mobile, IoT, and wearable
> applications).
>
> ======
> Topics
> ======
>
> Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
>
> Languages and Compilers
> -----------------------
> - Managed languages (e.g., Java, Scala, JavaScript, Python, Ruby, C#,
> F#, Clojure, Groovy, Kotlin, R, Smalltalk, Racket, Rust, Go, etc.)
> - Domain-specific languages
> - Language design
> - Compilers and interpreters
> - Type systems and program logics
> - Language interoperability
> - Parallelism, distribution, and concurrency
>
> Virtual Machines
> ----------------
> - Managed runtime systems (e.g., JVM, Dalvik VM, Android Runtime (ART),
> LLVM, .NET CLR, RPython, etc.)
> - VM design and optimization
> - VMs for mobile and embedded devices
> - VMs for real-time applications
> - Memory management
> - Hardware/software co-design
>
> Techniques, Tools, and Applications
> -----------------------------------
> - Static and dynamic program analysis
> - Testing and debugging
> - Refactoring
> - Program understanding
> - Program synthesis
> - Security and privacy
> - Performance analysis and monitoring
> - Compiler and program verification
>
> ===============
> Important Dates
> ===============
>
> Submission: May 4, 2018 (Abstracts: April 27)
> Notification: July 6, 2018
> Camera-ready version: August 3, 2018
> Poster submission: August 6, 2018
> Poster notification: August 13, 2018
> Conference: September 10-14, 2018
>
> ==========================
> Submission and Proceedings
> ==========================
>
> Submissions to the conference will be evaluated on the basis of
> originality, relevance, technical soundness and presentation quality.
> Papers should be written in English and not exceed 12 pages in ACM
> format for full papers (6 pages for WiP, industry, and tool papers). You
> can also submit posters, which can be accompanied by a one-page
> abstract, and are due on August 6, 2018. The conference proceedings will
> be published as part of the ACM International Conference Proceedings
> [...]

John Criswell
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science, University of Rochester
http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/criswell