[llvm-dev] [GSOC 2018] Improve function attribute inference

Nuno Lopes via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Mar 3 02:26:55 PST 2018

Definitely have a look at the current analyses:
- llvm/Transforms/IPO/FunctionAttrs.cpp
- llvm/Transforms/IPO/InferFunctionAttrs.cpp

Also, study the semantics of these attributes, starting with the docs:
http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#function-attributes
Also, grep the LLVM sources for test cases that use the attributes to see
examples on how they are used for optimization.
Finally, have a look at the email thread linked from the open projects page.
Oh, and a refresher on abstract interpretation / static analysis won't hurt
either.

Of course, feel free to ask questions about any of these things.

Nuno