[llvm-dev] [LNT] Tests for web UI/javascript?

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 28 10:35:48 PDT 2018

For checking HTML output: There are some tests in lnt/tests/server/ui/V4Pages.py (and similar) that look at the produced html output. I also recommend installing pytidylib and running the testsuite with --use-tidylib to catch additional html errors.

I don't think we have anything testing the javascript parts, would be nice to see some additional test coverage there[1].

- Matthias

[1] I personally am a compiler developer with little experience in web development. I don't know what strategies exist to test javascript embedded in a webpage...