[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] RFC: libtrace

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jun 26 13:29:50 PDT 2018

The various NativeProcess implementations are definitely a good starting
point and I'll probably be looking at them to understand all the ins and
outs of each platform.  I'm not sure if the API / interface we want will be
the same, so I don't think we can just copy it all down.  But a lot of the
core logic we probably can.  Depending on how much of it we end up
implementing and how close we get to the current functionality of the
NativeProcess classes, this could be another area for code reuse similar to
what I mentioned with the DWARF reading.  i.e. we could write lots of
low-level tests of the tracing functionality specifically, then update the
NativeProcess implementations to use this.