[llvm-dev] XRay feature – pid reporting

Dean Michael Berris via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 25 16:23:51 PDT 2018

Hi Henry,

> On 26 Jun 2018, at 07:07, Henry Zhu <henryzhu at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
>
> I would be happy to help. Could you send me the example patch? Where would I submit my patch to be reviewed?

Thanks!

First, please see https://llvm.org/docs/Contributing.html#how-to-submit-a-patch which details the process of contributing to the LLVM project.

There are two patches that show how we changed the version number for Basic mode (formerly known as “naive” mode):

- https://reviews.llvm.org/D38550 (change in the tooling to support newer versions of the files)
- https://reviews.llvm.org/D38551 (change in the runtime to write out new kinds of records; in this case we started writing out tail exits)

We have the chance now to change this in a single patch through the git monorepo process detailed in http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#for-developers-to-work-with-a-git-monorepo — but that’s only if you’d like to do that in a single patch.

Cheers