[llvm-dev] Building LLVM 6.0.1-rc3 on MacOS with static libc++ and no references to /usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib?

ardi via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 25 06:17:12 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to build LLVM 6.0.1-rc3 on MacOS forcing the use of a
static libcxx.a (and libcxxabi.a) and with no references to
/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

In the past I was able to achieve this with LLVM 3.8.0, but maybe some
change was added later (or maybe the reason is that I performed a
fully static LLVM 3.8.0 build, I don't know).

Regarding 6.0.1-rc3, all the build completes fine, but however, some
libraries such as libclang.dylib have a reference to
/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib

Is it possible to build without such reference? Or the only option is
to do a fully static 6.0.1 build, like I did with 3.8.0?

Thanks!

ardi