[llvm-dev] RFC: Pass Execution Instrumentation interface

George Burgess IV via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 14 11:18:28 PDT 2018

FWIW, I was able to use the EarlyCSE debug counters without issue in a
Release build with -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=Yes. Further, the only
preprocessor checks I see around debug counters use `NDEBUG`. Am I missing
something?

It seems reasonable to me to require that assertions are on when you're
trying to debug the compiler. Not so much to require that the compiler
itself has been built with `-O0` :)