[llvm-dev] RFC: Bug-closing protocol

Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jun 13 12:45:17 PDT 2018

On 13 June 2018 at 19:52, Vitaly Buka via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Sorry, I'll improve messaging.
> Most of bugs I closed this way are just "that the bug cannot be reproduced
> with trunk" or "not enough information and I don't expect reporter is going
> to provide any after so may years".
> If I misinterpret the bug, I expect push back from reporter.

That's not unreasonable, especially if there hasn't been a concerted
effort to ensure all bugs have sufficient information previously.
Projects such as WINE introduce a 'NEEDSINFO' bug status, and
automatically close bugs that have had that status for a certain
length of time (in their case, 1 year)
<https://wiki.winehq.org/Bugs#Bugzilla_Policies>. We could imagine
adopting a similar process.

Best,