[llvm-dev] Question about the status of the IR extensions for OpenMP

Roger Ferrer Ibáñez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jun 11 08:59:16 PDT 2018

[Apologies if you received this email twice, the first time I sent it
from the wrong email account]

Hi all,

some time ago Intel proposed a set of minimal IR extensions to improve
the support of OpenMP in LLVM [1][2].

I wonder if there has been any progress on this and if it is going to
be upstreamed.

Also the previous proposal[2] and communications to the llvm-dev[3]
mention the following spec:

  LLVM Intrinsic Function and Metadata String Interface for Directive
(or Pragmas) Representation.
  Specification Draft v0.9, Intel Corporation, 2016.

but I have not been able to find it anywhere (at least via a web
search). Is it available somewhere?

Thanks a lot,
Roger

[1] https://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3148191