[llvm-dev] bugpoint --tool-args and --safe-tool-args

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 31 10:10:23 PDT 2018

I have a failing test and bugpoint would be the perfect tool to help
narrow it down.

llc is the failing tool.  It fails with one set of options and passes
with another.  I was hoping to use bugpoint like this:

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be possible.  According to the
documentation both -tool-args and -safe-tool-args consume all remaining
arguments so bugpoint would never see -safe-tool-args above.

I tried it and indeed it looks like -safe-tool-args never makes it to
llc.

For now I can build another llc which makes <failing args> default and
then just use -safe-tool-args above but it's a bit painful.

Has anyone tried to use bugpoint like this before?  Any tips?

                          -David