[llvm-dev] Building clang and llvm

Praveen Velliengiri via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jul 29 08:08:57 PDT 2018

Hello all
I'm new to clang and llvm. Yesterday I built the newest version of clang
and llvm (version 7.0). But today I came to know clang uses -libstdc++ as a
default c++ standard library. Unfortunately, my gcc is 5.4.0, so clang
still points to the old libstdc++ which doesn't support some features of
c++17. Is there any way to build clang and llvm based on already
pre-installed clang,llvm and make it use libc++ by default?
There was one solution I came across the internet but it suggests me to
update the gcc to the newest version, so that clang can use the newest
version of libstdc++ and I can make use of c++17 features. But I don't want
to update gcc. I would like to have a solution with clang and llvm. Any
answers or suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks