[llvm-dev] Requesting for help.

Peter Smith via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 19 04:40:00 PDT 2018

Hello Sumedh,

We'll probably need a bit more information to be able to help.

Just to rule out the simple things; by LLVM compiler I'm assuming you
mean clang? If so you should be able to use clang as your linker
driver, this will insert all the paths, libraries and c-library
startup code that is needed for a successful link. For example clang
hello.c -o hello.exe. You can use the -v option to clang to see what
it is passing to the linker. In general it is not a good idea to call
gold directly unless you know exactly what you want. For example clang
-c hello.c -o hello.o ; ld.gold hello.o -o hello.exe won't be
sufficient.

The LLVM project doesn't provide a C library, you'll need to use the
one provided by your system. In most cases the clang driver will be
able to locate it.

If all this isn't working or you are doing something more complicated
like cross-compiling we'll need a bit more information before we can
help. As mentioned before the -v option to clang is useful.

Peter