[llvm-dev] Finding Privatizable Variables/Arrays

Malhar Thakkar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 16 18:25:36 PDT 2018

Hello everyone,

Is there any support for finding privatizable variables or arrays in LLVM?
Any existing code that I can make use of to find privatizable objects even
in trivial settings?

I understand that finding privatizable variables (conservatively) is
extremely difficult in most of the programs and so, I was wondering if
anyone has tried implementing it or has even implemented a toy analysis
pass that detects privatizable variables in trivial programs.

If not, any help on how to approach this problem would be immensely helpful.

Thank you.

Regards,
Malhar Thakkar

ᐧ