[llvm-dev] Failing compiler-rt LTO test

David A. Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 11 12:15:42 PDT 2018

> My understanding in the past is that we didn't officially support
> using the llvm gold plugin with ld.bfd. We don't have any bots that
> test that combination (which is why you see the code below in
> lit.common.cfg). In my mind, that means using the llvm gold plugin
> with ld.bfd is at your own risk (and therefore I would like to remove
> the wording around using ld.bfd from the above doc, or at least add
> that disclaimer).
>
> Can you use gold or lld instead?

Thanks Teresa!  We are indeed planning to use gold eventually.  At first
I thought the tests were failing because ld.bfd wasn't supported but
then I saw the web page and got confused.  :)  I posted the question
because I wanted to make sure we hadn't broken anything.

For now I'll just ignore the failures knowing they'll go away when we
switch.

                            -David