[llvm-dev] Programmatically Toggle Specific LLVM Optimizations

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 10 15:49:26 PDT 2018

Unless you intend to upstream you change (which I encourage you to),
there is no need to follow any best practices. If you intend to submit
the patch, the code reviews exist to ensure that the best practices
are followed. You can avoid the most obvious change requests by
considering https://llvm.org/docs/CodingStandards.html .

Please note that there is a newer pass manager. You might get feedback
to update the that pass manager as well/instead or that your use case
is too 'niche' to be useful for others. However, you won't find out
before submitting the patch. And the experience might be useful if you
intend collaborate to LLVM more often.

Michael