[llvm-dev] Separate test harness for LLVM test-suite

Elena Lepilkina via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 9 00:26:54 PDT 2018

Dear community,

LLVM test-suite includes both default applications (benchmarks, tests) and test harness (CMake modules, lit-support, some scripts, etc.). Test suite provides extension interface to add "external" tests suite and folders. This worked well, we enhanced basic harness and integrated large set of internal benchmarks and applications.

However, we have users interested in LLVM test harness to build, profile, test applications and experiment with tools/compilers without using applications from full LLVM test-suite (~2,5 Gb).

Are there reasons why separation of test-suite into 1) basic test-harness and 2) applications is undesirable or impossible?

We will be glad to hear opinions of community.

Best regards,
Elena Lepilkina,
Synopsys Corp, ARC processors