[llvm-dev] Get the function boundaries

Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 5 07:23:49 PDT 2018

Hi

I compiled the binary with option -gdwarf-3. Then I use the llvm-dwarfdump
with option -debug-info to help me to dump the dwarf debugging information.
The DW_AT_subprogram could tell me the function boundaries of the target
function.

However, I found the dwarf info may miss a lot of functions. I query the
symbol table and it returns about 600 functions. However, the dwarf info
only provide me about 100 functions. A large part of the code is not listed
inside the dwarf info. Is this a normal behavior? I compiled the binary
without -static option.

Besides, I would like to get the function boundary and the signatures.
However, symbol table would just give me the start address. How can I know
the end address and the function signature? Many Thanks

Regards
Muhui