[llvm-dev] [LoopUtils] Breaking LoopUtils into an analysis pass

Vikram TV via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 4 17:29:22 PDT 2018

Hi,

I noticed a bunch of routines in lib/Transforms/Utils/LoopUtils.cpp that
only analyzes the IR without doing any transformation. Most of the routines
in RecurrenceDescriptor and InductionDescriptor classes are used only to
analyze and identify the respective IVs. Is it a better option to move them
to a file like lib/Analysis/LoopAnalysisUtils.cpp?

The rationale for this is, I am writing an analysis pass that requires
InductionDescriptor, and including the LoopUtils.h in this analysis pass is
against the CMake policy (produces link error).

Please let me know if it is feasible so that I can submit a patch.

Thanks

--

Good time...
Vikram TV