[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Trying out lld to link windows binaries (using msvc as a compiler)

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 31 09:18:43 PST 2018

The quickest route would be for you to upload the patches for review and
then go through a couple of iterations until it's cleaned up.  Do you want
to go that route?  If not you can upload them anyway and whenever I get
some spare cycles I can take it over and get it committed.  But that might
be slower since I have other things on my plate at the moment so I'm not
sure when I'll be able to get to it.  Maybe in a month or two?

If you are willing to do the work to get it cleaned up and ok for
committing, then the first steps would be 1) Fix variable and function
names to conform to LLVM conventions, and 2) Remove the dependency in
llvm-objcopy on ObjectYAML.

BTW, I've also tried 8 byte ghashes locally, and in theory that should be
faster, but I found a case where it's slower than 20 byte ghashes.  This
almost seems impossible, so I need to spend some time examining profiles to
see what's going on.