[llvm-dev] Disable spilling sub-registers in LLVM

ahmede via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 30 10:33:07 PST 2018

Right Matthias, I am aware that an implementation for
storeRegToStackSlot()/loadRegFromStackSlot() is necessary. But these
functions receive the physical register that need to be spilled, they
might receive the sub-register. In this case, using the super-register
naively is unsafe (e.g., one might overwrite parts of it). Thus, I think
the register allocator/spillar need to be aware of the exact register
that is spilled.