[llvm-dev] CMake warning when compiling Clang/LLVM

Jonas Hahnfeld via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 26 13:05:29 PST 2018

Am 2018-01-26 21:55, schrieb Simone Atzeni:
> Thanks, that's the reason.
>
> So to clarify, I should use -DLLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX=ON only if I am
> building clang with clang?
> I got confused, I thought it was for building libc++, but having that
> under projects seems to be enough.

If libc++ is under projects/ it will get built. What LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX
does is to enable _linking_ all LLVM libraries and binaries to libc++ as
the C++ STL and that's only supported with Clang. You can specify the
option when building with GCC, it just won't work and issue the warning
you are seeing.

Regards,
Jonas