[llvm-dev] Hitting kMaxNumChunks

Frederik Deweerdt via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 24 11:03:32 PST 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google.com> wrote:
>> I see that master has the same value for kMaxNumChunks, is there
>> anything in particular that leads you to think i wouldn't run into the
>> same limit?
>

> No. It's just that I haven't heard anyone else complain recently.
> If you have a reproducer that works on trunk, I'll be happy to look at it.

FWIW, I upgraded to 5.0.1, and we hit the issue again. We do not
really have a repro available, in the sense that the box needs to
receive traffic for a couple of hours in order for the build to hit
the issue, it is however fairly consistent. Is there any
instrumentation that we could add in order to understand the issue
better, and in the meantime, is it safe to just increase the value for
kMaxNumChunks ?

Thanks,
Frederik