[llvm-dev] : Does OpenMP hints bypass the vectorisation legality check in llvm

Adve, Vikram Sadanand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 19 13:27:54 PST 2018

Xinmin,

>  Tom, your understanding is correct per OpenMP SIMD model. Our implementation behaves as you stated.
> Which is not part of LLVM main trunk yet.

Is that the implementation that is based on the intrinsics in the RFC you and Hal Finkel had sent out to the list?  Or is it a different implementation (and if so, is there some plan to merge the two)?

Thanks,

--Vikram Adve

// Interim Head, Department of Computer Science
// Donald B. Gillies Professor of Computer Science
// University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
// Admin Assistant: Amanda Foley - ajfoley2 at illinois.edu
// Google Hangouts: vikram.s.adve at gmail.com || Skype: vikramsadve
// Research page: http://vikram.cs.illinois.edu <http://vikram.cs.illinois.edu/>