[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Trying out lld to link windows binaries (using msvc as a compiler)

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 19 12:47:02 PST 2018

On Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at 12:30 PM Andrew Kelley <superjoe30 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Zachary,
>
> Do you generally recommend using -mllvm -emit-codeview-ghash-section and
> /DEBUG:GHASH when linking for Windows?

I definitely want you to try it out and let me know how it goes :)   It's
behind the undocumented -emit-codeview-ghash-section for now until we have
some more data indicating it's safe to make default.  I'd like to
eventually make it the default, so that you won't have to specify anything
on the compiler side other than /Z[i|7].

So far I am not aware of any downsides of using -mllvm
-emit-codeview-ghash-section and /DEBUG:GHASH (aside from a small increase
in object file size).  But if you find any let me know.