[llvm-dev] [lldb-dev] Trying out lld to link windows binaries (using msvc as a compiler)

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 19 12:17:54 PST 2018

-lldb-dev, +llvm-dev

lldb-dev is specifically for the llvm debugger, and llvm-dev is for
everything else (including lld)

Did you compile the object files with clang and use -mllvm
-emit-codeview-ghash-section?

It sounds like probably not.  If you don’t do that /DEBUG:GHASH will indeed
be much slower.  I wonder if we should emit a linker diagnostic in this case