[llvm-dev] RFC: Import of Integer Set Library into LLVM source tree

Philip Pfaffe via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 19 07:24:56 PST 2018

llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>:

> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 05:52:02PM +0100, Michael Kruse via llvm-dev wrote:
> > * The library is named LLVMISL and contained in the lib/ISL folder to
> > work best with LLVM's component system. The component's name "ISL" was
> > chosen over "isl" as it matches the capitalization of other
> > two/three-letter-acronym components.
>
> Are the ISL sources themselve put into a namespace under llvm? That's my
> primary concern: a program wanting to use a random ISL version and LLVM
> at the same time.

This is my primary concern as well, and the point I tried to raise in my
email before. They currently are not. If we did import isl into an llvm
namespace, that'd mean we'd have to modify the isl source upon every update
(which is certainly scriptable, but still tedious and likely hard to
maintain, I believe).

Cheers,
Philip