[llvm-dev] Integrating llvm pass with pass manager

Craig Topper via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 12 19:45:21 PST 2018

Clang doesn’t support adding passes from the command line the way opt does.
Opt has special parsing in opt.cpp for this that clang doesn’t have.

I’m not sure what the correct way to do this is. I think your plugin needs
to do something to tell clang/llvm when to run the pass. I’ll try to look
later when I’m back at a computer.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 7:00 PM 陳韋任 via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>
wrote:

> Do you pull clang under llvm/tools and compile it as well? In theory, if
> `opt` recognize the option, so does `clang -mllvm`.

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have tried giving this option like this
>>
>> clang -c -emit-llvm -mllvm -rdetector hello.c -c -o hello.bc
>> but I am getting error " Unknown command line argument '-rdetector’.”
>>
>> Although same option work with opt -
>> opt -rdetector hello.ll
>>

>> On Jan 11, 2018, at 6:41 PM, sangeeta chowdhary <
>> sangitachowdhary at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you please tell me when I need to give this option and how. I am
>> sorry I am new to this. Thank you so much for responding.
>>
>> On Jan 11, 2018, at 6:28 PM, 陳韋任 <chenwj.cs97g at g2.nctu.edu.tw> wrote:
>>
>> -mllvm
>>

> --
> Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)