[llvm-dev] Suggestions on code generation for SIMD

Linchuan Chen via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 5 16:26:49 PST 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm quite new to LLVM, but am working on a project that might need to
generate some SIMD code using LLVM. The SIMD code will be using INTEL MIC
intrinsics and I'm not sure about the
steps and tool set that I need to use to generate those.

I also have a confusion on the following problems:

   1. Do people usually generate SIMD code at source code level, using
   __m512?
   2. If not, does LLVM have corresponding IR instructions for the SIMD
   registers and instructions?

Since I'm new, I would appreciate any help that could give me some
directions at any level. Some references would also help. Thanks in advance!

--
Sincerely,
Linchuan