[llvm-dev] Testing End-To-End Functionality of Specific Optimization

Sean Silva via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 4 12:00:24 PST 2018

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 8:14 AM, Eli Davis <eli at aarno-labs.com> wrote:

> Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you! Do you have any tips (or points
> to documentation) for how to run compiler-rt tests? Just invoking llvm-lit
> doesn't seem to work

They should run as part of check-all when you have compiler-rt checked out
in llvm/projects/ (or the equivalent with the monorepo setup, which I think
is just setting the appropriate LLVM_EXTERNAL_*_SOURCE_DIR cmake variable).
I forget, but I'd be surprised if there isn't a "check-compiler-rt" or
similar. I've also used llvm-lit in the past (look at what
check-compiler-rt does; I think it just calls llvm-lit).

-- Sean Silva