[llvm-dev] Call-stack and exception handling for Windows x64 JIT

Jason via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 2 15:57:51 PST 2018

Hi, I use LLVM MCJIT extensively and one of the sore spots is debugging. We
lose stack information if we crash during execution of one of our JIT
functions. I spent some time to understand Windows x64 stack/exception
handling and was able to hardcode support for a single JIT function and was
able to maintain the call stack correctly. However it requires knowledge of
the prolog of the function to code an UNWIND table used by the OS for stack
unwinding, so I'm not sure it's something I can enable generically as a
user of LLVM.

Has there been any progress to enable this support natively in LLVM? If
not, I'd be willing to spend some time to enable this functionality, with
help from experts in this area of LLVM.

Thanks,
Jason