[llvm-dev] Testing End-To-End Functionality of Specific Optimization

Nemanja Ivanovic via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 2 11:50:13 PST 2018

Typically the "end-to-end" test cases reside in `projects/test-suite`. All
the test cases there build executable binaries from source, run those and
compare the output (as well as the return code) to what's expected. You
should probably put your test cases in there. Please note also that there
are subcategories there - there are single source file and multiple source
file programs. There are those that are meant as benchmarks, unit tests,
full applications, etc. I'm sure you can find an appropriate place to add
your test cases to.