[llvm-dev] CallSiteSplitting and musttail calls

Fedor Indutny via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Feb 24 12:58:35 PST 2018

Update:

I was able to make progress on it today ( See
https://reviews.llvm.org/D43729 ). Apparently my problems were:

* Iterating through the instruction/block list after erasing
block/instruction
* Trying to split block after removing one predecessor

Regarding the latter, it appears that semantics of
`DuplicateInstructionsInSplitBetween` change significantly in such case,
and it starts to loop indefinitely. The `SplitEdge` function that it calls
places all of the instructions into the split block, so that the original
block becomes empty.

Is it expected behavior, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Fedor.