[llvm-dev] New LLD performance builder

Rafael Avila de Espindola via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 26 14:17:22 PST 2018

Galina Kistanova <gkistanova at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Rafael,
>
>> It seems the produced lld binary is not being statically linked.
>
> Hm. It should. But it seems couple config params are missing. Fixed. Thanks
> for catching this!
>
>> Is lld-speed-test in a tmpfs?
>
> Correct.
> All the benchmarking tips from https://www.llvm.org/docs/Benchmarking.html
> have been applied to that bot.
>
>> Is lld-benchmark.py a copy of lld/utils/benchmark.py?
>
> Correct. Modulo few local changes for more verbose printing to be "bot"
> friendly. Didn't decided yet if this is something we want in
> lld/utils/benchmark.py.

Interesting. Looks like the runs got faster, but they are still
clustered in three or four different groups. Looking at instructions
makes it even more visible:

http://lnt.llvm.org/db_default/v4/link/graph?highlight_run=426&plot.9=1.9.6

Is there anything else running on the machine while the tests are run?

Cheers,
Rafael