[llvm-dev] Memory sanitizer porting

vit9696 via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Feb 25 01:21:23 PST 2018

Hi,

1. No, there is no custom triple for the platform. It currently uses Linux triple, and I do not think there is a possibility of upstreaming not so many changes in such a way. On the other side Apple uses the mllvm asan option to implement KASAN in XNU, so I think it will be fine to upstream a similar option, which I guess, could also be used for debugging, and may be helpful to other people prototyping their runtimes.

2. Thank you for this clarification. It makes good sense now.

3. That’s what I supposed to be the case, thanks.

Best regards,
Vit