[llvm-dev] [6.0.0 Release] Release Candidate 2 tagged

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 13 01:46:33 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 10:36 AM, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo at hahnjo.de> wrote:
> Am 2018-02-07 21:51, schrieb Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev:
>>
>> Dear testers,
>>
>> There's been a lot of merges since rc1, and hopefully the tests are in
>> a better state now.
>>
>> 6.0.0-rc2 was just tagged, after r324506.
>>
>> Please test, let me know how it goes, and upload binaries.
>

> Hi Hans,
>
> I can't build the documentation:
> <<<>>>/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst:91: WARNING: Title underline too short.
>
> Changes to the Hexagon Target
> -------------------------

Sorry, I noticed that just after I put in the tag. It's been fixed now.

There are more warnings, especially in some auto-generated files, but
they look benign.

I use -DSPHINX_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS=OFF for my builds.

> (I think there are some more errors in ReleaseNotes.rst...)
> This brings me to the question which versions of sphinx LLVM officially
> supports?

I don't know if there's an officially supported version. I try to fix
the warnings I see, and will go through especially the release notes
before releasing, but I'm not sure we'll ever be warning clean.

Thanks,
Hans