[llvm-dev] Mesa 18 does not build with llvm svn

Malte Gell via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 6 23:20:46 PST 2018

Hi there,

to get a laptop with recent AMD Vega mobile GPU (aka Raven Ridge)
running with hardware acceleration I need to build the latest mesa with
the latest llvm.

I downloaded llvm 7 from svn.

Unfortunately, when trying to build mesa 18.0.rc3 with this llvm version
the make process fails with lot of "undefined reference to
LLVMxyzblahblah" messages.

Llvm 5.x is probably not sufficient for my purpose, I need llvm => 6.

Now I wonder, in the svn llvm version is 7. But on the download web site
the latest stable version is 5.x.

Is there no stable version 6?

Thanks!