[llvm-dev] Memory Consumption and Execution Time static Statistics in LLVM. Can llvm-mca help?

hameeza ahmed via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 20 12:07:56 PST 2018

Hello,
I am PhD student. My work deals with finding the *memory (RAM) consumption*
as indicated by *linux RSS* output and *execution time *as indicated by*
linux time* command at compile time using LLVM. How can I do this? Like if
i pass dataset size and application to llvm compiler, it should tell
the *estimated
memory consumption* and *time taken* to execute given application with
given dataset, but all at compile time? I am trying to avoid profiling
here. I wont get accurate values, hence rough estimated values of memory
consumption and time are enough...

Can llvm-mca help me in finding these statistics? or I need to write a new
compiler analysis pass to find these values?

Please help  how to proceed.

 Thank You
Regards