[llvm-dev] New LLVM git repository conversion prototype

Fedor Sergeev via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 19 04:22:53 PST 2018

On 12/19/18 8:28 AM, Tom Stellard via llvm-dev wrote:
 > On 12/18/2018 08:01 PM, Bruce Hoult wrote:
 >> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:13 PM Tom Stellard via llvm-dev 
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org <mailto:llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org>> wrote:
 >>     There haven't been many more responses in the last few days, so 
can we
 >>     try to come to some kind of consensus here?
 >> Can we please just get the repo up? I've been waiting two months 
since it was promised, told bosses I'd have a permanent git repo of llvm 
up where the hashes were never going to change under people again etc.
 >> The remaining discussion seems to be about tags and branch names. 
Neither of those changes hashes of commits or trees or blobs. Both can 
be fiddled with after the fact without affecting anything else.
 > Yes, I agree with you that we need to move forward.  I think enough 
people have given
 > input that I'm personally fine if James just wants to make a final 
decision based
 > on the responses so far.
Yes, please!! :)

 >> Also: is that .0 *ever* again going to be incremented? Not as far as 
I know. It probably should have been dropped at release/4
 > I am planning to do a 7.1.0 release due to a bug fix that breaks the ABI.
Is there going to be a parallel development of 7.1.x and 7.0.x?
Thats the only reason for doing (separate) branches.


More information about the llvm-dev mailing list