[llvm-dev] LLVM Alias Analysis

Bekket McClane via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 12 11:05:21 PST 2018

To Artem:
Next time It will be great if you also attach the IR code you feed into your opt analyze command, the output result, and point out that why you think ptra and ptrb don’t alias.

And basically I agree what Sean stated in this thread: a pointer is just a variable containing memory address, so pointer itself will never alias with other pointers, but the ‘pointee’ will alias with other memory addresses.

Bekket