[llvm-dev] LLVM Alias Analysis

Артём Вопилов via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 12 08:01:45 PST 2018

Dear LLVM Developers,

My name is Artem Vopilov, I am a student at TU Darmstadt. I am writing to you to ask about Alias Analysis.

I am using llvm to analyze alias between variables in programs. I am using Alias Analysis implemented in llvm with command "opt -analyze -aa-eval -print-all-alias-modref-info" and for printing sets of alias "opt -analyze -aa-eval -print-alias-sets".

I execute these commands on the small test program I attached to this email.
If you take a look at it, it will be obvious, that variables "ptra" and "ptrb" alias. However, the results of Alias Analysis do not indicate, that these variable alias. I would like to ask you, if it is possible to change the source code of Alias Analysis, so that it will show that "ptra" and "ptrb" variables from the test program alias.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and hope, that you can help me solve my problem.

Respectfully yours,
Artem Vopilov