[llvm-dev] using emulated-tls on Darwin 8, 9, 10

Ken Cunningham via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 8 14:27:52 PST 2018

On 2018-12-08, at 11:51 AM, Jacob Carlborg via llvm-dev wrote:

> On 2018-12-08 19:10, Ken Cunningham via llvm-dev wrote:
>
>> So putting it into libc++abi.dylib might indeed be the only workable method, assuming each executable would get it's own copy in memory and they wouldn't all collide together.
>
> Can ibc++abi link with libclang_rt to resolve the symbol?

Thanks for the clue, and yes that led me to the answer.

We are building libc++abi with nodefaultlibs . The emutls.o symbols indeed belong right in libc++abi, and I will either compile them in with emutls.c or link them in manually by adding that library.

And then we should be in business, and all systems will have thread_local .

Thanks for the hint.

Ken