[llvm-dev] Hoisting a guarded division instruction causes division-by-zero

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 5 12:56:42 PST 2018

Hi Alex,

I've been looking into int div-by-0 issues that look similar, but they've lead me to bugs in SCEV, rather than LICM.  So chances are, they aren't related to your issue.  But just in case, I thought I'd point them out to you.

The issues I've been looking at are PR30806 and PR38697.  r347934 is a fix committed last week for PR30806.  And there is a patch up for review (https://reviews.llvm.org/D55232) for PR38697.

If you haven't tried a modern revision (that includes r347934), you might want to see if it solves it.  But given your LICM comment, I'm not optimistic.  (In fact, I've verified that at -O2, for x86_64, the division isn't hoisted, even before the fix of r347934.  So unless there is some subtle interaction on your out-of-tree backend, this won’t help.  Either way, I figured you might want to be aware.)

Thanks,
-Warren Ristow