[llvm-dev] Rather poor code optimisation of current clang/LLVM targeting Intel x86 (both -64 and -32)

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 3 11:23:02 PST 2018

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 11:18 AM Stefan Kanthak <stefan.kanthak at nexgo.de>
wrote:

> "David Blaikie" <dblaikie at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 7:11 AM Sanjay Patel via llvm-dev <
> > llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> Finally, sending mail to llvm-bugs is practically useless. I don't know
> of
> >> anyone that is tracking mails to that list rather than actual bug
> reports.
> >>

> > The list is setup to not accept email, basically
>
> That's VERY nice for a mailing list. NOT!

This sort of antagonistic/sarcastic language isn't really conducive to a
productive discussion - please avoid it in future discussions with the LLVM
community (others have mentioned this already/previously).

> - I'm one of the moderators there & any email sent there that doesn't
> > come from the bug database will get automatically or manually rejected
> > with the suggestion/request that the bug database is used instead.
>
> NO!
> The following text is sent back:
>
> | You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
> | been automatically rejected.  If you think that your messages are
> | being rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
> | llvm-bugs-owner at lists.llvm.org.

Yeah, I just went through the mail filtering this morning - and since other
people (& myself here) had already explained why llvm-bugs wasn't an
appropriate mailing list to send to - I didn't write a more comprehensive
response & used the auto-response when rejecting all those emails.

I recommend/request that this list EITHER be opened for bug reports,
> OR not announced on <http://lists.llvm.org/mailman/listinfo> any more!

It's useful to have it listed there - people subscribe to it to read the
bug reports that are filed through the bugzilla instance.

- Dave